- Hasher who runs at the Back Of the Pack. Unlike
FRB's these hashers
actually have half a mind.
Most BOP's know that hashers of the opposite sex
have covered their backsides with only a thin layer of spandex.
- Check or Checking
- A trail marking indicating that the trail splits and the
frops must look for the true trail.
Some hashes don't mark checks; the trail
markings just disappear and begin again some distance away
- A falsie
or the trail marking at the end of a falsie
- Chug-a-lug some sort of liquid (usually beer).
Hashers usually chant "Drink it down, down, down, down..."
when someone down-downs
- FRont Running Bastard (a.k.a. FROP) - This masochistic idiot
actually runs the whole trail! Quickly!
By running most of the checkbacks
FRB's usually find the true trail before the rest of the pack arrives.
This saves the rest of the pack time and effort and ensures they
reach the On-In (and the beer) as swiftly as possible. Thus FRB's are
- A false trail which the hare has marked to confuse the hash
and slow down the FRB's
(also see checkback)
- Hasher who runs at the FRont Of the Pack (a.k.a. FRB)
- Female Hasher.
This term is not used much in Calgary.
We just call our women "Hashers"
- noun: A non-competitive cross country run through varied terrain.
The runners (acting as hounds) follow a trail set by another
runner (called the "hare"), for example:
"Did you go to Monday's hash?"
- noun: A Hash House Harriers club, often referred to as "The Hash"
- verb: To participate in a hash, for example:
"Did you hash last Monday?"
- Anyone who hashes... be they animal, vegetable or mineral
- What hashers yell when they see a trail marking
- Shiggy is any foul, messy and vile landscape that you must run through.
Hashers love it!
- Short Cutting Bastard (also see BOP)
Return to Calgary
Hash HouseHarriers' home page
A big thank you to the Calgary
Unix Users' Group for providing this space!